Belle Ria, Right Here, In Curia



Cafe culture is an important part of Portuguese life and Curia is no exception to that rule! Belle Ria is a new cafe (padaria, pastelaria) that has brought a new and needed focus of energy to the town square (which is actually round).



Trading on traditional and regional flavours, the space has some clean, well-lit lines with seating inside and out. It's fair to say the pastel de nata is a culinary cliche here, which can be easy to take for granted. My first trip to Belle Ria had me return to this classic as they were beautifully displayed, to go with my Meia de Leite, my current coffee choice. I wasn't disappointed. Where the #PdN can often be gelatinous, even cloying on the roof of the mouth with a stodgy pastry, Belle Ria's offering was warmed, beautifully light and creamy on the custard side, with a wonderful crispy and tasty pastry.



Their potential opening hours are 07:00 to 02:00, which will be more than enough of a span in our easy-going town. I hope locals and visitors alike take to this new addition to the town's cafe collection. The offer is pretty perfect to my eye and taste-buds with coffee, cake and cold beer with a few local speciality gift items to take-away.

Comments

Popular Posts